*This Grading system excluded Comics books, any Sports cards. See Comics Books Grading System
Please review the exact condition and any condition notes or incompleteness notes (above the item code and/or title above) for the exact condition of this item. Please note that for magazines we have listed the inserts that are present and have noted when an insert is known to be missing. However, if there should be an insert and it is not mentioned, it is likely missing because we were unaware of its existence. If you were expecting an insert and it is not mentioned, please send us a message to make sure of its status.
Notice: All trades and graphic novels are stored on a shelf and are subject to minor shelf wear, which may include wear/blunting to the edges/corners/base of spine and/or minor scratches to cover. Some books may have a remainder mark on the flat of the pages. Any defects outside of this range are noted in condition description. Thank you for buying with AnythingCo.
SW - Shrinkwrapped - Item still in the original factory shrink wrap, with condition visible through shrink noted. For example, ‘SW (NM)’ means shrink wrapped in near-mint condition.
NM - Near Mint - Item has only the slightest wear. Item is likely indistinguishable from a mint item except upon the closest inspection. No writing inside. Staples are not rusted.
EX – Excellent - Item looks like it has never been used, but may have received light wear and light creases from storage. Wear is noticeable upon close inspection. Staples may have very light rust. No writing inside. Board games in this condition may be played but show little to no wear.
VF – Very Fine - Item is lightly used, but may show small spine creases and corner wear (rounding). Inside may have one or two ink or pencil marks such as an owner signature or a random note. There may be one very minor tear. Staples may have rust.
VG - Very Good - A used item that may have medium sized creases, scuff marks, a small stain, or small tears, etc., but otherwise complete and useable. There may be writing and/or highlighting inside but it is not excessive and remains readable. Inserts may have been detached from the binding but are otherwise present and at minimum in very good condition themselves.
GOOD – A used item that may have notable problems, such as minor age-related stains or fading, fairly wide-spread writing or highlighting, a flat open binding in some page spreads, or small tears throughout the book or magazine. The item is still complete unless noted otherwise. Inserts may have been detached from the binding but are otherwise present and at minimum in good condition themselves. A good item likely would have been read a number of times, played extensively, but still considered to have a lot of years of joy left to it.
FAIR – A very well-used item that is complete and useable unless otherwise noted. Item typically has extensive writing or highlighting inside. The item exhibits heavy wear and has some notable condition issues, such as significant tears, stains, marks, etc. The spine may be taped or there may be loose pages (inserts that have been removed but are present, especially from a magazine, are not considered a loose page). A fair item may need to be handled with some care or stored carefully to avoid further wear.
POOR – Extremely well used and has major flaws, which may be too numerous to mention. Item is complete unless noted.
- Boxed items are listed as ‘code/code’ where the first code represents the box, and the second code describes the contents. When only one condition is listed, then the box and contents are in the same condition. If a book is listed in the same fashion, the first code represents the cover, and the second code the interior.
- A ‘+’ (plus) sign indicates that an item is close to the next highest condition. Example, EX+ is an item between Excellent and Near Mint condition. A ‘-’ (minus) sign indicates the opposite.
- Major defects and/or missing components are noted separately.
- Boardgame counters are punched, unless noted.
- In most cases, boxed games and box sets do not come with dice.
- The cardboard backing of miniature packs is not graded. If excessively worn, they will be marked as ‘card worn.’
- Miniatures come unpainted and unassembled unless specifically noted.
- Never Read :If this is noted, it is because the book was to me so I know the books that I read.